Also known as an Echo, an echocardiogram picks up the echoes of the sound waves as they travel over your heart. These echoes are then turned into pictures of your heart that are viewed on-screen by your sonographer. The appointment typically takes less than half an hour.
When you book your appointment, let us know if any of these apply to you:
- Suffering from serious health conditions or allergies (eg. diabetes or kidney disease)
- Taking any medication
No preparation is required for an Echocardiogram.
- Bring your Medicare card.
- Bring a list of medications which you are currently taking and list any allergies.
- Every procedure is different, please discuss duration at time of booking your appointment.
- Bring reading material or music headsets to help pass the time post-procedure.
After the procedure
Post procedure advice will be provided that is specific to you.
HIS and QDI offers bulk billing for patients. Although some studies or patients do not qualify for bulk billing, like workers compensation, third party, pre-employment or they do not have a Medicare card. Our friendly and professional staff will discuss this when you make your appointment.
Please discuss with the Imaging centre site regarding when your results and images will be available. Typically these results are forwarded electronically to your referring doctor.